Whether you’re building your dream home or remodeling your old house, it pays to invest in high-quality flooring materials for your project.
Here in the Philippines, the most popular ones are ceramic and porcelain tiles. Not only are they cheap, but they’re also available almost everywhere.
In addition, there’s also wood, marble, and, of course, granite tiles. However, even with so many options, we choose ceramic tiles as our flooring material because of their price and availability. Unfortunately, many of us fail to consider that this particular material is not as durable as we think.
In the end, it may end up costing you more with frequent repair and replacement. Wouldn’t it be better to invest in something that will last a lifetime, like granite?
Granite is a natural stone extracted from mountains and cut into thin slabs. These slabs are then polished and cut into smaller tiles of various sizes. They’re durable and easy to maintain. Plus, they bring an elegant and luxurious look to any space.
In terms of appearance, granite tiles are available in many color and pattern combinations. But the most common colors include black, gray, green, blue, red, pink, beige, and brown.
What are the Uses of Granite Tiles?
You can use granite tiles in both indoor and outdoor applications. Indoors, you can use them for your living room and kitchen. While outdoors, you can install it on your patio, driveway, pool deck, and exterior wall.
However, we don’t recommend using granite tiles for your countertop. Instead, we highly suggest using granite slabs to minimize grout lines and uneven joints.
What are the Available Surface Finishes of Granite Tiles?
Granite tiles come in four different surface finishes: polished, honed, flamed, and bushhammered.
1. Polished Granite Tiles
- Its high-gloss finish brings out the stones’ natural color and pattern.
- It’s ideal for indoor spaces that need a bit of extra shine, like living rooms and dining areas.
- It can be very slippery when wet, so we don’t recommend it for outdoor applications.
2. Honed Granite Tiles
- Honed granite has a matte finish that gives your floor a more subtle look.
- It’s perfect for high-traffic areas, like hallways and lobbies.
- Unfortunately, it is more prone to staining than polished granite tiles.
3. Flamed Granite Tiles
- It has a textured finish that creates a slip-resistant surface.
- Flamed granite tiles are ideal for bathrooms, pool decks, and driveways.
- However, it requires regular sealing and constant cleaning, as dirt can embed within its pores.
4. Bushhammered Granite Tiles
- Like the flamed finish, bushhammering produces a highly-textured granite surface with the benefit of slip resistance.
- It also works best for outdoor applications, like pool decks and patios.
- It also requires regular sealing and upkeep.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Granite Tiles?
- Withstands heavy foot traffic
- Easy to clean
- Naturally beautiful
- Requires regular sealing
- More expensive than other flooring materials
Where to Buy Granite Tiles in the Philippines?
Granite tiles are available in most home improvement stores, tile shops, and stone suppliers in the Philippines. You can also purchase them online, but it’s best to see them personally because granite, being a natural material, varies in appearance and consistency.
However, if you’re looking for the most competitively-priced granite tiles in the market, then the best place to go is in Balintawak, particularly at Saint Mark Construction Supply. Save yourself the trouble of looking around for the most affordable granite tiles; we got you covered.
With a broad spectrum of stone selections and various surface finishes, our granite tiles will add a luxurious look to your home and office. What’s more, they’re easy to clean and maintain. They’re an excellent flooring material for your home that is definitely worth your investment.
Discover our wide selection of granite tiles for your office and home. Visit our Saint Mark Construction Supply along EDSA in Balintawak, Quezon City, and get a free quote today.